Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 3

Day 3 began with my morning weigh in. Incredible, down 9 lbs! I was so excited - 9 lbs and I really haven't done anything. Sure, I followed the recommended diet, but I was never hungry - and better yet, I did not want a beer!

Day 3 on the program is an "eat day". Basically, you get solid foods for your snacks and meals (except for breakfast which is a protein shake). I prefer the Cheat+ (tablets) over the Cheat powder. 30 minutes or so before every solid food meal, I take 2 tablets.

I use water with my protein shake as my household rarely has milk and when it does, it is usually 2%. Even water based, the shake is delicious. I often put a xypstix or cup of super juice in it - for a wonderful berry shake.

Every day starts off with a Xyng tablet. It is one of the key pieces that helps with maintaining that "all-day-energy" feeling.

My morning snack was 2 hard boiled eggs and about 1/4 cup of non-fat cottage cheese. I like a little seasoning on my hard boiled eggs and used a little salt and lots of pepper. A great morning nosh.

Lunch for me was 3 oz of lean roast beef. I used a hot mustard as a garnish. I also had a side salad - 1 cup of lettuce, 4 cherry tomatoes, and a little bit of onion. I added a teaspoon of organic non-fat balasmic vinegerrette dressing. Tasted fantastic!

My afternoon snack was 3 ozs of smoked turkey and a non-fat cheese stick (1 oz). I used a little chinese mustard as a condiment for my turkey.

Through out the day I am getting water in. I had been very apprehensive about getting over 2 gallons of water in me every day. It turns out that is a lot easier than you think.

Also - my energy level, mental accuity, and general feeling of well being was very high.

My business partner has been following my journey. He has been concerned about my health. As we winded down for the day, he asked if I had any plans. At the time, I didn't. He asked if I would like to join him at the gym for a workout. Crazy, but the whole idea sounded fantastic - and I have been carrying around a gym bag with work out clothes in the back of my car for 4 years (just in case I got a wild hair to go sweat in a gym - which thus far I hadn't had). Well, the day had come and off to the gym we went. Before we head out, I took 2 Accelerate tablets (to maximize the fat burning of the work) about 30 minutes before hitting the gym.

I had kept it real - using machines that monitor heart rate and makeing sure my heart rate never exceeded 60% of the max recommended heart rate. I used two different cardio machines and was amazed how good it felt to just "sweat". My workout was about 45 minutes. Afterwards, I was physically tired yet feeling better than I have in a very long time. The post work out shower was AWESOME!

Dinner was at a local restaurant for steak. I ordered a 6 oz fillet but could barely eat half of it. I asked the restaurant to hold all the veggies. They also provided a nice coarse horse radish as a condiment. Note on day 3, dinner is a protein only with no oz limit. Amazing that even when I don't have to "measure", I still was staying in line with other protein meals. I topped off dinner with a nice cup of Earl Grey tea.

The rest of the evening was quiet - getting in a little more water (easily I might add). With my nightly Flush tablets, I drank a cup of blackberry-vanilla tea (decaf).

No comments:

Post a Comment